Instructional Care Videos
Prism Medical's series of instructional care videos are meant to help you accurately use Prism Medical's safe patient handling and mobility products. Here are some key points to remember when assisting others:
- Be Aware of Changes to the Care Environment
- As energy levels fluctuate throughout the day, routine tasks become risky
- Changes to room layout or furniture position can cause a fall
- Unfamiliar tasks can result in injury
- Keep your feet apart, one foot in front of the other
- Bend your knees not your back
- Move in the same direction as the person you are helping
- Do not twist your torso. Keep it straight
- Assist the person you are caring for
- Encourage them to assist in as much of the transfer as they can
- Explain each step of the transfer before attempting it
- Each piece of equipment has a proper use and function. If at all unsure do not
hesitate to consult a user manual or call Prism Medical at 1-866-891-6502.
Only video instructions found on this website are authorized by Prism Medical.