Standing Support Slings
|The Standing Sling is a dual purpose sling affording a natural sit to stand movement. Functional from both bedside and chair surface, this sling encourages pivot transfers, ambulation and toileting.|
- Color coded loops for identification and noted in individual's care plan for later reference
- Covered strap connections points to protect the skin
- Sling label serves as a sling information reference
- User care plan is supplied with every sling
- Guide handles to facilitate correct handling during transfers
- Padding material is applied only to the outside of the leg sections, eliminating unnecessary bulk in the areas where it is not functional
- Center markers assists the caregiver in correctly positioning the sling
- PRODUCT # JUNIOR: 507905
- SMALL: 507910
- MEDIUM: 507920
- LARGE: 507930
- XL: 507940
- XXL: 507950
- CLIENT SPECIFIC JUNIOR: 547111
- CLIENT SPECIFIC SMALL: 547112
- CLIENT SPECIFIC MEDIUM: 547113
- CLIENT SPECIFIC LARGE: 547114
- CLIENT SPECIFIC XL: 547115
- CLIENT SPECIFIC XXL: 547116
This sling is only designed for use as a rehabilitation aid to assist a person to be raised from a seated position to a standing position. It must be used in conjunction with a knee block, such as a bed against the wall or with a standing frame. Additionally, the person must be assessed by a healthcare professional who should be fully trained in the application and fitting of the sling.
Prism Medical offers a wide range of standard sizes to be sure to accommodate the needs of a diverse patient/resident population. It is important that the caregiver ensures that there is never strap in contact with the skin. If this occurs, it is often an indication that the sling is too small. Here are some general guidelines for sizing Prism Medical slings.
Remember to use your best clinical judgment when choosing a sling size which best fits your patient. People come in all different shapes and sizes and two people may weigh the same or be the same height but require different sized slings.
If the patient weighs over 400lbs a sling consultation is recommended. Please call (866) 891-6502
The sling should be hand washed because the metal rings and plasti belt buckle may damage the washing machine or vice versa. The sling should be hung to air dry. Warm wash with mild detergent is recommended.
- Use mild detergent.
- Set washing machine to Warm wash/cold rinse cycle.
- Do not dry on steam pipes, conventional heaters, wood stoves, or other similar devices.
- Tumble dry on air/fluff cycle only, or hang dry.
- Do not use chlorine based bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
Click here to view the our sling brochure.